Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Planet Hollywood Showcase..Anuar & Dayang..


The showcase postcard Posted by Hello


Ohh yes.. what a nite to remember! To think that just the week before, I was queing up outside of Planet Hollywood, hoping to get in to watch the show...unfortunately, luck (and time) wasn't on our side, so sadly Shades, Zaf, Zizie,Terk & I had to leave.. we had Starbucks instead.. I know how devastated Shades must have been, being a true Anuar Zain fan! That is why this week, I was determined to go...no matter what!


At first, last nite.. I thought I couldnt go.. Lucky thing Bon (my dearest Uncle) called. He did promise to go for the show, and I was grateful that he kept to his word.. ;) so, I picked him up and we reached Planet Hollywood at 9.30pm.. very early indeed, but very very packed!! I got saperated with Bon, so I ended up being alone in the sea of people..


I felt lost at first, cause I had no one to turn to.. Just me, myself & I.. (Feeling like an independent woman already..) So, I headed to one spot, which was behind the band..I figured "This might be a good spot".. But soon after, I was pushed more to the right side of the room.. Once I thought I found another spot for myself, a waitress needed her way to go across the room, so again I was "pushed" furthur & furthur to the right.. In the end, I found myself somewhat in front of the stage.. Well, I wasnt really front "FRONT", because in front of me were people with their assigned tables after tables..but considered I was among the first row of the standing people, so that was quite good..


While waiting for the show to start, I could feel the heat building up.. this meant that there were more people squeezing in to the room..I can feel sweat all over my feet..Thank god I was wearing the most comfortable shoes in the world ( GO Primavera!!) I realised it has been ages since I actually went to a concert! (Those KRU Concerts days!! Boy I feel old!) Being in the dark, cramp, stuffy room with strangers, all I could do is concentrate on the stage.. I focused my eyes to the mic that Anuar Zain will use for the show (I know this coz from the newspaper cuttings today, he was singining on the right side of the stage).. While waiting, I find myself humming (but later was singing) to the R+B songs that the DJ was playing.. Boy I was amazed that I know so many of these R+B songs (maybe I am Musically inclined! haha)


At 10.30pm, the show didn't start immediately.. The band played a Jazzy tune, and the audience were patiently waiting for the arrival of the 2 popstars.. Finally, they appeared right before our eyes... Dayang was looking sexy in a black sleeveless dress, and Anuar had this "smart look" appeal, he wore black jacket with checked vest inside.. They kick-off the show with "Inikah Cinta", a Sheila Majid number.. She was apparently there, and her hubby was on stage as the keyboard player of the band..


I cant really recall the sequence of the songs, but I remembered Anuar sang "Bila Resah", "Jangan Bersedih Lagi" & "Kembalilah Kekasih" during the first half.. and personally, I think there were more Anuar fans in the room as one can heard the entire room was pratically singing along to his songs! Although there were also a lot of Dayang fans in the room, but it wasnt as loud as the Anuar fans! (Proud to be one! yeahhh!) I have to admit, I know more of Anuar songs compared to Dayang, but she did pretty well on stage.. but Anuar, now HE is a performer! hehe...I think they eneded the first segment with "Kita Insan Biasa"..before they left for a 30 minuts break..


During this break, somehow I was pushed to a clearer view of the stage, which was a better! .. In front of me, I saw this guy with 2 girlfriends! ( He hugs Girl A during the show, during the break he hugs Girl B! ishh..Whatever!!) I also saw this reporter from NST.. I recognized her cause I remember that she looks like Hattan, a female version that is! (hahaa..so bad) and, next to her was this girl (with her boyfriend), and this girl looks like Kaer's sister.. But, then again, how would I know if it was her or not, right.. This time during the "wait", I was concerntrating on the rotating colourful lights.. (disco fever..) The song selection this time were more unknown, but still very R+B-ish..


Finally, the 2 stars came back on stage, and the crowd screamed louder than ever..Anuar was wearing a white shirt (he unbutton his shirt right till the chest! sexyy...), and he had this black belt ala kung-fu style wrapped around his waist..Dayang wore short skirt & singlet, all black.. I didnt know why Anuar kept on calling her "Precious Bums.." Later, when she turned her back to drink, then I saw it.. it was a silver belt, spelled with each letter "P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S" nicely hanging around her bum.. interesting concept there! haha..Again, I dont recall the exact sequence of the songs that were sang (and also I dont recall some of the songs that they sang).. But I remembered Anuar was taking picture of the crowd, and he said "It will be publish next year, first month".. I quickly shouted "January!!" and sure enough, he sang Glen's "Januari"! woohoo~ and, he pleased the crowd with his latest song, "Semua Untukmu"..Dayang did a suprised and sang a lil part of My Boo~ (I wished that she had sang that song duet with Anuar! that would be interesting..) and she sang Alicia's "If I Aint Got you"..pretty impressive, I must say.. and she sang another English number, and Anuar did a very short version of "My Baby you.." (If only he sang the entire song!!) .. Later the Anuar sang 2 of Dayang's song, and Dayang sang "Sesucinya Cintamu" & "Rindu Belaian"..


Next, she did her "Dayang Sayang kamu" number (Kinna digging to this song..quite catchy..) and her "Erti Hidup" song.. then, Anuar went onstage & said "for those who maybe going or are already overseas, and you are not sure if your love one will wait for you, or he /she will find someone else..this song is for you.." he sang ...."Mungkin"! ooohhh...my fav song!! I actually had tears in my eyes! haha.. Somone in the crowd actually spoilt the song when Anuar was about to end the song with "Akan berubah kini..".. Anuar was getting on the mood to end this song, suddenly he broke into laughter and said "Alah, kacau ajelah! Orang tengah nak in the mood, boleh kau cakap "Merdekaa...??" aperr dahh...but, he ended the song beautifully anyway..


Later, they claimed that the last song of the night was "Get Here".. (such a nice song..)But, we (the faithful crowd) demanded for encore...so, they came on stage, and Anuar sang everyone's favourite "Keabadian Cinta"(yesss...pengsann!), Dayang sang "Seandai Masih Ada Cinta", and finally, both sang "Mencintaimu" as the finale song of the evening... The entire show ended around 1.30am..and after 4 hours of standing non-stop, I could barely walk straight! I had to do a lot of Ketuk Ketambi (imagine Labu Labi, without the pulling of the ears) before I could get myself to the stairs!


Overall, it was an outstanding & supberb show! Towards the end of the show, Anuar asked "Berbaloi tak?" and I shouted "YESS!!! It was WORTH it!!" I was in total joy.. over the moon, over the stars, perhaps the entire galaxy.. haha..the fact that I was very lucky and previllege to watch the show, and to be able to get a good view of the stage (at least, a good view of Anuar!) was...UNFORGETTABLE and mesmerizing.. DEFINATELY, a MEMORABLE nite for me.. But of course, it would have been even more PERFECT & complete if my 2 galfriends, Emma & Shades (the true hard-core fans of Anuar) were there with me..You two, I, on your behalf, watched the show for the both of you! hehe.. wish you guys were here with me.. As for Bon, well.. he did "accompany me", although he wasn't with me most of the time..I appreciate his willingness to follow me anyway...thanx Bon!


Imagine, I went to this showcase WITHOUT a camera (of all the nights, my mom needed my camera for a wedding that she's attending), and I had no notebook (all these facts were based from my actual memory! hah).. nor I have any proof of the nite..(the receipt that I had was needed for me to redeem my free drink, so thats gone).. Therefore, I have no visible proof that I really went to the show last nite.. But, the only proof I have is the FOND memory of the entire night, which I will always remember by heart! It is an event to be remembered for a lifetime..no regrets at all! oh yeahh...


"Ini bukan Illusi..oh, kasih...." - Keabadian Cinta, Anuar Zain...

No comments: